Eat Yourself Thin by Michel Montignac
The Right Carb, Right Fat Diet
As per information on book, Dr. Montigac was the first nutritionist in the world to introduce the glycemic index concept to the weight loss world. Since he launched his first book in 1986, he remains on of the foremost experts on the glycemic index.
The Montignac Method is the leading concept in the diet world. Truthfully, I never heard of him until I read of his passing in 2010, did a little research, book the book and waited for an opportunity to fit it in.
Fats are chosen on the cardio criteria knowing that some fats lower risks and even help weight loss.
There are only (2) Phases to this diet - Phase I to lose the weight and Phase II for Maintaining your weight loss.
Basic Main Principles of the diet:
- Eat until you are full, without limiting the amounts that you eat or counting calories, but do not overeat
- Eat three meals a day at specific times and never skip a meal
- Avoid eating between meals, occasionally a snack is acceptable in late afternoon, as long as it helps you eat a lighter dinner.
- Your menu should be varied, beans (legumes), wide variety of veggies and mix up the meat, poultry, fish and dairy
- Your food must be balanced incorporating all three fundamental nutrients; proteins, carbs and fats on a daily basis. Every meal must have some protein and carbs
- Breakfast should have a good carb and NO FAT
- Lunch should have proteins , good fats and be a low GI 35 or less
- Dinner cane be identical to lunch, but lighter with few fats (low GI 35 or less)- this especially important if dinner is composed only of carbs (GI not higher than 50) but with no fat added otherwise the carbs can be as high as GI 50.
- Limit consumption of saturated fats (in the form of meat, fatty cold cuts, butter and whole dairy products) – opt for fish fats, olive or sunflower oil and skim milk products
- Avoid ALL sweetened beverages
- Do not drink more than one glass of wine (125ml or 4-/12 oz)…..My kind of diet!! Or you can have beer (350ml or 8oz) at lunch or dinner
- Okay to drink weak or decaffeinated coffee and tea
- Eat slowly in a relaxed area.
For Phase I, handy menus are broken down for each meal:
The Montignac Method holds out the promise of returning your body back to it’s normal functioning health, you will never need to count calories or exercise excessively. You can reverse weight loss failure. All by eating normally, not restricting your amounts and consuming healthier foods.
***DO NOT DO ANY DIET WITHOUT TALING TO YOUR DOCTOR FIRST ***